Sunday, November 24, 2013

How To: Clear Skin Part Three



Hello Everybody!

Here is the third, and last part of my clear skin series!

The last step, but certainly not least, is moisturize!

It is my believe that moisturizers should be very non-fuzz, basic, and dependable. I, for one, spend the most money on serums and treatments not moisturizers. I am not saying moisturizing is not important, only that I like a much simpler product, and typically simple=more affordable. I also have several different moisturizers in my rotation that are specific for my skin type, as should you.

Some people have a bit of trouble selecting the correct moisturizer for their skin and may or may not be using the incorrect formula that may or may not be causing several skin problems. Case in point: A person in my lab had been using a facial moisturizer for many, many years that contained petroleum jelly and she had no idea that that was the great contributor to her many skin problems. After she stopped using that product, her makeup had better staying power, and saw great improvement in her skin.

I recommend a universal moisturizer if you have normal skin or are unsure of what to purchase. A good one I find to be Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. They have different formulations for various skin types and they make sure to address the needs of your skin. It is also a good price, I think, and is available worldwide.

A more substantial moisturizer if you have dry skin would be First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer. It is paraben-free, no chemicals or colorants, and it is good for sensitive skin.

A lighter moisturizer such as Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 l PA++  would be good for oily acne prone sensitive skin. It does have SPF and offers oil control, non-comodogenic, and hypoallergenic.

As you can see, there is a whole new world of facial moisturizers out there. The key is in finding out what your skin type is, and isolating your skin's needs. If budget is a concern, there are also plenty of drugstore facial moisturizers that offer just as good ingredients and benefits for under $20. Neutrogena, Olay, and L'Oreal are upon my go-to brands.

That concludes my skin care series! I hope you enjoyed, and learned from it! If you have any questions, or need a bit more info, leave me a comment below!

Much love,

Mireya G.

No comments: