Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How To: Clear Skin Part Two


As promised, here is part two of my clear skin series.

Next up, tone and treat!

I am a firm believer that if you do a deep and proper cleanse at least once daily, there is absolutely no need to use a toner. However, it is totally up to you. I like to use a rosewater toner decanted into a spray bottle and use that straight after my shower. The reason why, you may ask? I like how it smells! I spray it liberally over my face, neck and decolletage as a treat to myself, not as anything else. I don't believe it does anything special or offer any benefits to my skin. Anyway, straight after cleansing/toning it is time to treat any problem bits you may have. This is where you will use targeted treatments such as anti-agers, lightening creams, concentrates or serums. I am also a firm believer that this is where the bulk of your money should be spent. You will find in the list below some items that have a heftier price tag, and in my opinion worth every cent. There are quite a few items in my rotation and range from anti-ageing to (mostly) skin-brighteners and spot-lightning treatments.

Products I use:

Murad Skin Lightening Serum $60
Cicatricure Gel Face and Body $15-$20 (I get mine from Mexico, but you can find it at Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc.)
The RoC Intensive Retinol Night Cream $22.99
Alpha-H Liquid Gold $63 from BeautyBay.com
Beyond Belief Lift & Firm Facial Serum $9.99 available only from Sally Beauty
Beyond Belief ABH Clay Mask $7.99 available only from Sally Beauty
Beyond Belief ABH Facial Serum $9.99 available only from Sally Beauty
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment $36.95

As per my routine, I obviously don't use them all at once, some products I reserve strictly for night use, others only upon necessity, and others are essential to my everyday morning/night routine. Like I said, I have lots in my rotation, many of which I haven't listed, but they all have different benefits for my oily-acne-prone-sensitive skin. The ones listed are the ones I feel are reached for the most.

If you have questions, leave them below!

Much love,

Mireya G.

No comments: