Sunday, July 7, 2013

About me



Hello Everyone! 

I thought I should probably begin by introducing myself. Well, my name is Mireya, I am a makeup lover and have been developing a love affair with hairstyles as of lately. I have also been very intrigued by several bloggers and their respective styles, tips, and product reviews that I will mention as I learn more about rules of  bloggin' ( is there such a thing? I don't know, I guess I will find out!). As you can see, this is my very first
post EVER and I am truly very excited about launching this! I tried doing this around summer 2012 and it didn't work out because I had too much going on between school, work, and research. Thankfully, I graduated May 2013 and have since lived a more relaxed lifestyle! Don't get me wrong, I work all day and have other commitments but it doesn't compare to the stressfulness of about a year ago. 

In my blog I plan to talk, or type, about the different types of makeup out there, application techniques, tips, and tricks I have developed over the years (trial and error!), skin care, hair products, hairstyles and anything else our little hearts desire! I will try to focus on long-lasting, high-performance products that are hypoallergenic and don't clog pores! 

I don't know about you, but I'm a little bit nosy when it comes to blogger's interests and life, not stalker-ish just trying to find common ground! Therefore, I should give you a little more details about me! This isn't relevant at all but I am originally from Mexico and currently live in Texas. I graduated with a B.S. in Biological Sciences and plan on starting the PhD program next year. I am currently working at the same university continuing my undergraduate research project but hopefully turning that into my graduate work within the next year. I am usually very private about my personal life, but at this time it is sort of on pause, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway! 

My personal style is not a specific one, I usually dress in whatever makes me feel comfortable for very-very-long periods of time so it is usually a pair of flats, jeans, a nice top (usually black) a statement necklace, maybe a couple of rings, stud earrings of some sort, accented eyes or bright lips, and my hair is usually down and fabulous in the morning but ends up in a bun an hour or two later! On the weekends, I really love sundresses and flats with a cute cardigan and rocker inspired bag and jewelry to give an unexpected twist, wavy hair, and my makeup on the weekends is usually very light and easy. I do live in El Paso and the climate here is very hot and dry so the materials I usually choose are natural fibers such as linen and cotton. I rarely use synthetic materials unless they are in a blend with natural fibers. Thats me, pretty much! 

You will notice I tend to give lots of details that you don't necessarily need, and I do apologize! I believe it to be an occupational hazard but who knows, details might help someone!

That is it for now! Sorry about the long post, I promise I will get better at it! 

Thanks!!!!
 -Mireya G.

No comments: