Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO

Photo courtesy of La-Roche-Posay


Unfortunately towards the end of the year, my skin was under constant attack by unbelievably large blemishes all over my face. It was one of the many side effects of a new medication prescribed to me, more on that later. The one miracle treatment that helped me quicken the life cycle of those demons was La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO, which has 5.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 0.4% micro-exfoliating LHA. Had it not been for this little gem, my face would most likely still be under attack, and probably scarred worse than it is.

I didn't exactly keep track of every single blemish, but I will tell you that for 12 weeks I had a weekly new big-under-the-skin blemish that lasted several days if not over a week. I tried many products, of course. Among those were my trusty Alpha-H Liquid Gold, triple-antibiotic ointment, and the Murad spot treatment, none of which worked. 

Finally, I decided to try out Effaclar DUO in combination with liquid gold. My regimen went as follows:  Effaclar duo all over my face and neck day and night, and liquid gold on alternate nights. Slowly but surely, I began to see slight but constant improvements, mind you my face was probably at its worse when I first started and I probably used more than the recommended amount. I kept everything else the same since the root of my problem was the medication, not my products. 

It has been two weeks and my skin seems to have fully recovered only left to deal with the battle scars, literally! Though I don't have any active breakouts I still continue with the same regimen, and will continue for the foreseeable future. 

I can predict some of you would like to see before and after photos, unfortunately that is not going to happen. Please understand that these past three-almost-four months were difficult and damaging to my self-esteem. 

You can purchase this little gem at ULTA for $36.95, click here.

Love,

Mireya G.

No comments: