Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review: Korres Wild Rose Mineral Illuminating Powder


Since Hourglass released their Abient Lighting Powder Palette, it left me thinking, what do I have that is perhaps similar to it? To be honest, I couldn't find anything that was remotely close to the ambient lighting powder, but I did find I had two quite suitable alternatives. Today, my focus will be the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Illuminating Powder and the next post will cover the BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil.
Allow me to begin by saying that the Illuminating Powder does have chunky shimmer particles, however....when applied lightly using a duo-fiber face brush, it looks ahh-mazing!!!

When I first got this, I wasn't sure how to use it. It comes in a loose powder with a sponge applicator and I just couldn't figure it out! After much thought and experimenting, I began using it as a highlighter (cheekbones, nose-bridge, brow-bone, etc.) and it looked beautiful! Many compliments came my way, but...beware...if applied with a heavy hand, you will look like a disco ball. 

Application:
Right. Well this is the tricky bit. For foundation, I've been loving the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, you can read all about it here. For setting powder, I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent using an Eco Tools Fan brush. And for the  pièce de résistance I've been applying the Illuminating Powder using a Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face brush all over my face and down my neck, just remember to use a light hand. Presto! Do the rest as you normally would!

I really like how glowy this makes my skin look

I've been wearing this exact routine for two weeks now, and I am really loving it! I've also been told my skin looks great and dewy and fresh! I feel the obligation to tell you that even after the first day of wear, I was seriously impressed! I thought my skin looked healthy, and rested even though I was just starting to recover from a nasty cold and I even got a "Did you do something different? You look good!"  Impressive, no? 

Bottom line? If you don't want to purchase the Hourglass Ambient Powder or Palette for whatever reason, I suggest you give this little gem a try. It is quite affordable, and all natural. 


Have you tried this? Have you found other suitable alternatives? I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Much Love,

Mireya G.

No comments: