Thursday, August 22, 2013

Eyeshadow of the month: Warm Metals


Warm metals you say? Yes, bronze and golden eyes! They are fabulous and I really love them at the moment. While it is not exactly gold on me, more of a bronze color with a hint of orange, I find it is the perfect contrast for my super dark brown eyes, perfect for summer, compliments my tan, and it is such a versatile look for many skin tones.

For the entirety of July, and what has gone of August, I have been loving rich, shimmery, gold and bronze eyes, all around, with loads of mascara. I like to keep the blush to a minimum, or simply use bronzer. This part really depends on my mood that day! As per the lips, I go with my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous, Wet n' Wild lipstick in 902C Bare it all, Avon Glazewear vitaluscious lip gloss in vita-pink, or my Trader Joe's Virtuoso lip balm.

I came about this look as I was going through my entire makeup collection. I ran into my Mally Evercolor Endless Eyeshadow in Sunglow. I had completely forgotten I had it! Usually, I wore this with blue eyeliner on my waterline, and tons of mascara, but seeing that I hadn't any blue eyeliner, I decided to wear nude lipliner on my waterline, and loads and loads of mascara instead. loved it!! I wore it the next day, with a slight modification, placing shadow all around my eyes, loved it even more!! As it turned out, I have lots of different bronzy-orangy eyeshadows, and you, at home, probably do as well! Dig through your makeup collection, try it out, let me know how you like it!

PRO TIP:
This look can easily go from day to night!! Simply add a bold red lip like the lady above did, and presto! Super simple and chic!! Love it!!

Love,
-Mireya G.

No comments: