Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tonight's skin care routine


Hello Everyone!

During this past week, I've been having trouble sleeping and the lack of sleep has left not only my internal clock out of whack, but also my skin. I am breaking out, my dark circles are getting darker, and my skin looks and feels terrible! Therefore, I decided to give myself a super quick 15 minute little at home facial to soothe my skin and hopefully get me sleepy!


First, I started by removing all dirt and makeup. At the moment, I am truly loving Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. This cleanser is super gentle, great for sensitive skin, and lasts forever! Plus, it really does leave my skin super clean! I followed by exfoliating 3 minutes with the Beyond Belief Alpha Beta Hydroxy Pore Refining Exfoliating Scrub, which I really like. This brand is so affordable and contains Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, and Salicylic Acid to help with skin impurities but is so gentle that you could use it everyday if you wanted to, though I've only used it about 3-4 times a week. Straight after rinsing off the exfoliant, I applied a thin layer of Beyond Belief Vita C+ Skin Nutrients Hydrating Peel Off Mask until it completely dried (for me it was about 10 minutes). The reason I chose this peel off mask is that it has Tea Tree oil, Ginseng Root Extract, and Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract which are super good ingredients that help with breakouts, excess oil, and removing dead skin cells all the while moisturizing my skin which I really need right now. After removing the mask, I like to sort of "rinse" my face because I am so clumsy and can never get the entire mask off my face, but I use it anyway because I love how my skin feels after. To take care of my trouble bits, I applied RoC Retinol Correction Sensitive Night Cream on my blemishes, and scars/discolorations. I usually find that using retinol on my trouble areas (especially new blemishes) speeds up the healing process and I can get on with my life a lot sooner! I wanted to seal in all that goodness that was just absorbed by my skin with an ultra good, vitamin rich and antioxidant night cream so I chose the Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream. If you recall, I am also having a bit of trouble with my eyes, and so I applied a homemade cold compress over my entire eye from chilled chamomile tea bags for about 2 minutes. Last but not least, I applied my favorite lip balm (in the whole wide world!) and it is called Trader Johann's Lip Balm Virtuoso SPF 15 in Spearmint. I just can't tell you how much I love this product! First off , the spearmint is not overpowering it is very light and delicate, the texture is not waxy like other lip balms, it is made from natural oils and extracts and it is truly nourishing! Love it!  

Alright, I am off to bed. I hope having done this I will get a better night's sleep. 

Thanks a bunch!

-Mireya G.

No comments: