Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Look!


Hello Everybody!

How is everyone's Tuesday so far? I had a late start today, but no matter! Off to the store and work after that. Like this look? Stay tuned! I will update this post today to include step by step and products used!



Complexion
This part is the easiest and most important step. Make sure to start with clean skin and wash your hands before daring to touch your face! Seems like a no brainer, but it is super important! Apply your usual moisturizer and SPF, I like to use the Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunblock SPF 55 and Neutrogena Naturals multi-vitamin nourishing moisturizer, then I apply a mattifying gel/primer all over my face but mostly on my forehead, nose, and chin (where I get oily). Next up is concealer. I take advantage of the eye roller application method of the eye concealer I use because it delivers equal product distribution and it feels cooling. I like to let it "soak" for a bit while I apply heavy duty concealer over trouble areas that may need a little more attention (redness around my nose, mouth corners, blemishes, scars) making sure to blend well and I like to use my fingers for that. I go back to my eyes and begin to tap-blend with my ring finger until the product is blended nicely. The final step for complexion is foundation. I am not a fan of liquid foundation, so I usually go for a powder instead. Today, I chose the Maybelline Fit Me! pressed powder. I used the pouf applicator it comes with and applied it all over my face except the eyes. I like to start from the forehead and work my way down blending outward. Also, to avoid lines of demarcation, make sure you blend from your jawline down to the neck and from your cheeks toward your ears. I can't tell you how many times I see beautiful girls with super visible lines around the jaw and ears. That's it for complexion! Yay!
Eyes
First up is eyelid base, for this I used the cappuccino, please! eyeshadow, which is a very light and pretty golden white shimmery eyeshadow. I applied this all over the lid from the crease to lashline and inner corner of the eye using the elf blending brush, but any medium fluffy eye brush will do! Next, I used the same brush and the Mark Khaki eyeshadow (this is a shimmery military green color) on the outer corner of the lid and blended from the crease to the lashline toward the middle of the lid and using a smuding brush, use that same color on the lower lashline from the outercorner to the middle of the eye. This part doesn't have to be perfect. Next I combined the cappuccino, please! and the Khaki eyeshadows on my hand to make a lighter green, and lightly/gently blended that from the inner eyelid to the middle eyelid. Using a new or spot cleansed blending brush, apply a shimmery golden wash of color all over the lid, and lightly blend. Next up is eyeliner, I used a waterproof gel eyeliner, because I find it lasts longer on my waterline than regular waterproof eyeliner. I used an angled brush and gently tapped color all along my bottom lash waterline. Apply two coats of volumizing mascara. Don't forget your brows! I like to use the walnut shade from MAC and a flat brush. Also, as a special tip I learned from Laura Geller, apply eyebrow color from the top of the eyebrow, not under. This will visually lift your eyebrows. Done!
Cheeks
I was feeling extra puffy today so I decided to do some sculpting. Using a matte bronzer, I used the fatty portion of my hand between my wrist and my thumb to apply bronzer into the hollow of my cheeks. This takes some practice, so don't get frustrated if it doesn't come out on the first try! I like to go slightly above the hollows of my cheeks, but it is really your choice! Next, apply blush blending up and out in circular motions. I like to smile while I am doing this because it allows me to see exactly where to place the product! Try it! Using the bronzing brush, I applied highlighter just above the apples of my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. The last step is optional to some people but I sort of have to do it, and that is add setting powder all over your face with a big fluffy face brush. Done!
Lips
This is the easiest part, since I have super intense eyes, I wanted to keep my lips neutral and natural looking so I opted for a tinted lip balm in Honey because this color matches my natural lip color almost exactly! You could also go for a nude lipstick in any finish that you like or even a light rosy lipgloss! All finished!! 

As promised, here is the list of products I used for this look:


  •  Proactiv Sheer Finish Mattifying Gel 
  • Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Light/Medium
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer in Medium
  • Maybelline Fit Me! Pressed Powder in 220 Natural Beige
  • MAC Brow Shader in Walnut/Ivoire
  • Essence eyeshadow in 58 cappuccino, please!
  • Mark eyeshadow in khaki 
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow in Baked
  • Essence gel eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara in Black Drama
  • Nyx Cosmetics Powder Blush in Terra Cotta
  • Mally Visible Skin bronzer in Lighter
  • Mally Effortless Airbrush Purelight Highlighter
  • Palladio rice powder in RP02 translucent
  • Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
  • e.l.f. professional Blending Eye Brush
  • Target Smudge Eye Brush
  • e.l.f. professional Bronzing Brush
  • i.d. Bare Escentuals tapered blush brush
  • i.d. Bare Escentuals full flawless face brush
  • Blending brush, angled brush, flat brush (I got these from Avon, in a gift with purchase kit)

This is a look that can be worn for multiple occasions, with different colors just by following the same steps. What do think? Love it? Hate it? Not Sure? Leave your comments below!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by!
-Mireya G.

No comments: